Hobby – a strong brand
Quality made in Germany
"For Hobby, “Made in Germany” means built to the highest quality standards and with the utmost care at our long-standing home in Fockbek, Schleswig-Holstein.
We employ over 1,100 members of staff at our factory. Over 15,000 vehicles are produced each year in one of the caravan and motorhome industry’s largest production sites in Europe.
State-of-the-art machinery and technology guarantee maximum efficiency and the utmost precision. At the same time, numerous details require craftsmanship and finesse, resulting in vehicles that make the perfect travelling companions, wherever you go. Reliable, dependable and timeless. Hobby. Built for Life."
Caravans and motorhomes; all-inclusive strategy = comprehensive standard equipment packages that are ready to hit the road and represent exceptional value for money; positioned in the mid-price range with a particular focus on affordable quality; series manufacturer.
- from caravans with a body length of 3.60 m or over to large tandem-axle vehicles with a body length of up to 7.90 m
- particular focus on family layouts (13 models with children’s beds and various equipment packages)
between approx. 10,500 and 13,500 caravans per season
between 2,500 and 3,500 mobile homes per season
- Schleswig-Holstein (Fockbek near Rendsburg)
- Up to four assembly lines, flexible according to the demand for caravans and/or motorhomes, modern prefabrication area, high degree of vertical integration, in-house carpentry workshops, upholstery production including sewing room, PU production and large training workshop
- Annual seven-figure investments in machinery, systems and buildings.
- Company premises: 260,000 m², 65,000 m² of which has been built upon
Hobby employs over 1,100 members of staff at the site in Fockbek near Rendsburg.
An in-house training workshop for woodworkers with 30 spaces for trainees ensures that Hobby always has plenty of young talent waiting in the wings. The north German company also trains highly motivated new recruits in its Commercial Division every year.
Hobby is one of the most important employers in Schleswig-Holstein. Step by step, our employees design and produce all of the vehicles at the site in Fockbek with great attention to detail.
Group of companies
Hobby-Wohnwagenwerk GmbH, Fockbek (Schleswig-Holstein)
Fendt-Caravan GmbH, Mertingen (Bayern)
Rendsburger Feuerverzinkerei, Rendsburg (Schleswig-Holstein)
Formlight GmbH, Warburg (North Rhine-Westphalia)
Verwaltungsgesellschaft Striewski KG, Fockbek (Schleswig-Holstein)
Hobby-Wohnwagenwerk, Ing. Harald Striewski GmbH
+49 (0) 4331 / 606 – 0
+49 (0) 4331 / 606 77 430